Null Space

8.18.2005

Accident

Happened two days ago. Trying to avoid a "bump" on the road, I moved towards the left end of the road. Bumps and craters on the roads mean we are not too far away from the moon. Atleast, we Indians can claim to have put a billion people on the moon! Anyways, back to the accident. A poor chap - riding a cycle - happened to be driving near the left edge too. Cycle-riders tend to turn suddenly and sharply, especially because they ride at low speeds, and cycles are light things. So, this guy suddenly moved right. The cycle's brake-handle and my raincoat decided to say hello to each other with a tight hand-shake. The poor chap, and his cycle, just lost balance and fell! I stopped some 10 feet ahead, parked my bike, and rushed to this guy, who had already recovered and was getting ready to ride again. I said "I'm very sorry ...," but he didn't even care to look at me! His face has some sort of angry expression, but with a large amount of sadness and helplessness. How could he let go!!? I am still haunted by his face ...

1 Comments:

  • Maybe he was drunk? Or he realized that it was probably no ones fault...and blamed his luck for this accident too...maybe like several other incidences when he has blamed his luck and fate for being unkind to him.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home